Mon Jan 31 2011 |
Realistically, coming up with show notes for this episode is about as tough as keeping Brendan to under 10 minutes. Give it a listen and trace along with the mentioned Harmony Of My Dreams blog post. The notes are more just hot points this week, enjoy the awesome episode!
- A new version of the language and it will choke old browsers.
- IE6 sucks at so much else ... people should just drop IE6 frankly.
- typeof null will finally === null and other similar issues will be flagged as early errors (WOO HOO!)
- Five finger of fate (incompatible syntax of early error):
- Thumb: Removing global object from scope chain.
- Index: Typeof Change: fixing various bugs that make JS wonky.
- Middle: for-in paren-free and pythonic
- Ring: Top Secret
- Pinky: Even More Secret
- So awesome, I think developers will want to do it.